CHEVROLET S-10 ABS PROBLEM

1994 Chevrolet S-10 • 80,000 miles

When I hit a bump and apply my breaks at the same time or just keep my foot on the petal slowing down
and hit a bump it makes a grinding kinda noise then I lose break pressure almost to the point of no breaks, I replaced the power booster thinking it was that but I was wrong do you guys have any idea what this matter could b
Chrisworkman

Do you have abs? It would give the impression of a vibration that could be mistaken as a grinding. The low pedal concerns me. Is the fluid level staying up ok?

Have you had the linings and pads checked lately?

Yes I have abs and the break fluid still in the same spot and the break pads where replaced about 6 months ago and thats sounds about right the grinding noise sounds like a loud vibrateing but it only happens when I hit a bump and the break pedal at the same time or if im slowing down and hit a bump. I can drive down the highway all day long and be fine as long as I don't hit any steep bumps or another street

Chrisworkman
Ok, I bet there is a sensor issue when you go over a bump, the gap changes and triggers the abs.

You may have to have someone look at the system and check for codes.

Okay thank you. Just wondering Wouldn't the check engine light come on for any sensor

Chrisworkman
No, abs light

I see thank you

Chrisworkman
An abs scan tool it that the scan tool that you use inside the truck to check codes and can it be used to bleed the abs as well

Chrisworkman