STRANGE HEATING UP PROBLEM DUE TO TEMP FIX

1993 Nissan Maxima • 109,000 miles

93 Maxima, 3.0 sohc, Automatic. Heater core developed Crack in it, so I have bypassed the core with a pipe etc as a temp fix. Now there is a boiling noise coming from top of engine, Engine gets hot but does not overheat. Also at times Bendix on Starter will not kick in and car does not start. All problems developed about the same time, Any Ideas on things I am missing? I am out of work Gentlemen, and I have to depend on this car to get me around. So all help is greatly appreciated. I am wondering perhaps if there is a blockage somehwere I do not know about? I have done the bypass core numerous times without any oddities like this. So this is def out of my league.
JustLee

Boiling noise on top of engine-exactly where? Starter motor could be slipping due to the overunning clutch

First of all thank you sir for your reply. Boiling noise is coming from a small hose on top of engine running from near Oil Fill Cap To top of Intake Manifold in center. Also Car does not overheat, but does peg some. Also I wonder if a chincy Radiator cap could fail and cause such a condition. I am just running down the short list of knowledge of what could cause such a condition after making such a temporory fix. There is a valve inline in heater hoses, that does not look familiar.

JustLee
Open up the small hose and investigate if its coolant in there