LINCOLN TOWN CAR ABS PROBLEM

1993 Lincoln Town Car • 100,189 miles

On the Brake Control Module there is a 2 wire connector which connects to a part that I am having trouble finding. The part, when looking in the Chilton's repair manual is called the (BRAKE WARNING INDICATOR SWITCH). Where would I be able to buy this part? And Why is it when I ask about it at a parts house/dealership noone can find it? When I ask about it, they all seem to want to sell me the entire Brake Control Module. Maybe I'm asking for it by the wrong name. Please help me.
Towncar93

You probably can't buy it because it's part of the unit. Try a ford/merc dealer

It's not part of the unit / module per se. It looks just like the power steering PRESSURE SWITCH which is what some people (an auto mechanic I know and a parts house personell) thought it was. It unscrews like a PSPS and I think it should be sold seperately. I do know that they only used it for 3 model years, 1992 - 1994 and someone said that it is a discontinued part. I guess I will have to go to a junk yard and see if they will sell me just the part I need. They want over $700 for a new module and over $120.00 for a used one. You are the expert and I thank you and respect your advice. Is there any sites that you know of that might have bought up most of Lincoln's excess inventory of discontinued or obsolete parts?

Towncar93
I'm sendign apic i'm not sure if you are telling us the right thing or not, first you said brake module theand now you are saying p/s. Which is it? I'm sending a pic of a brake light switch connector which is available at rock auto. Com

What color are the wires leading to the switch? On thewiring schematic I can find only two switchesthat go to abs unit. DI can'find any in rock auto catalog however. Even though it may be separate it stil may only be part of the bs unit itself

OK, The wire colors are ORANGE and GREEN. It is part of the Brake Module. I only said P/S because, the part I am looking for, looks like the Power Steering Pressure Switch. My mechanic told me that it was the PS/PS and I bought it. It turned out to be the wrong part. The 2 wire connector is completely different. The pic you sent is correct and it is the Brake Control Module. In the front of the Module is where the Switch goes which is NOT pictured in that pic. I will try looking at ROCKAUTO. COM. Thank you again for your help.

Towncar93
That pic is of the brake light switch connector. It still may be part of abs unit as I cannot find it.