ENGINE STALLING

1993 Dodge Ram • 150,000 miles

I have a 1993 Dodge D150 truck just recently have a problem when I turn the steering wheel to the left the engine will stall out, but if I turn it to the right quickly when it starts it will begin to run correctly.
1977ford

Safely lift the front of the truck from the ground. With the key off, turn the steering from right to left. Is there any tension when turning one way or the other?

Thank you for reply but there is no tension, it still stalls when you turn the wheel to the left. Noticed it does it when it is warmed up for a bit.

1977ford
Are there any questions that relate to my problem coming from anyone else? I would like to see if there are any.

1977ford
To the best of my knowledge, there are none. It seems odd that it only does it one direction. You have a steering gear and not a rack and pinion.

Since there is no tension in the steering, I guess we need to look at engine issues. Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

All vaccum lines are connected and working properly. I am thinking it may have something in fuel tank, maybe the pick up tube I just don't know

1977ford
If you are thinking a possible fuel issue, have you checked fuel pump pressure?

I found it to be a loose wire

1977ford
What wire was it?