CAR WONT START

1992 Plymouth Acclaim • 50,000 miles

92 plymouth acclaim 2.5 wont start getting weak spark replaced roter cap coil fuel pump working and plugs ready to pull hair out
Kathylowery

Kathy,
When is the last time the timing belt was replaced? Have you done any testing of the hall-effect pick-up assembly in the dist? Is/Was the check engine light prior to the no-start condition? And finally, have you checked to see if you are getting injector pulse? With a little more info, I think we can save your hair. Let me know, Doc

DocDTC
Car was running great just stopped all of the sudden and would not start timing belt good timing good also

Kathylowery
If you have weak but consistent spark, suspect the ignition coil. Everything that triggers it is working.

Have you checked for inj. Pulse? Injectors are driven by the ASD relay(B+) and switched on the ground side. Check for power on the Dk. Grn-Org wire at the fuel injector. If you have power there, Next hook the clamp end of your test light to B+ and probe the other side while cranking. The light should flash.

DocDTC
I have even pored small amount of fuel into carb/injector and could not get results

Kathylowery
I have replaced plugs coil wires distcap distbutton part under button torn front of motor apart and check timing belt for quality and position all appears good

Kathylowery