BRAKES

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

I recently bleed my brakes on my 1992 cadillac deville and put a new caliper and new bleeder screws. I also changed out the rear wheel cylinders in the back. I left it alone for 3 days. The pedal was nice and tight. I started it up today and the pedal goes all the way to the floor. As soon as you touch the pedal it goes to the floor. Any ideas. Ialso checked the fluid and it is full and fine. Their is no fluid anywhere and I know it is not a vacuum problem. It almost feels like the master cylinder or brake booster broke. If it did it is no surprise I have to change it every 1-5 years. Thanks.
Sean03

Try getting plugs to seal off all the ports on the master cylinder. See if the pedal is firm @ this point. Its not un co min after b leading the system to have a master cylinder fail. If you do full pedal strokes when bleeding the seal in the master can get torn from traveling in to the area that it doesn't normally travel in.

Djcl
What do you mean buy plugs. What I am think that means is disconnect the lines going to the master cylinder and put plugs in those holes then hit the brakes. Is this correct.

Sean03
Yes. This is to see if the master by it self can hold pressure. Try getting plugs @ the auto parts store.

Djcl
Yeah I have the plugs it came with. I will try this and let you know thanks.

Sean03