BRAKES

1992 Cadillac Deville • 135,000 miles

I replaced my 2 rear wheel cylinders and I replaced my left front caliper because the bleeder screw broke. I bleed the brakes and everything was nice and tight. Now when I start the car the pedal goes to the floor. I called advanced and autozone and they said I have air in the lines or I have a leak. I checked for leaks nothing. I called napa and he said it is either the master cylinder the brake booster or the abs pump. With the car off when I pump the brakes it goes to the floor and does not build up pressure. Any suggestions. Thanks.
Sean03

If sure all air bleed out then seems master cylinder is faulty

Docfixit
That's what I thought how would I know if the booster is broke

Sean03
Pedal would be VERY hard

Docfixit
Oh oksorry one more question. Could the brake booster check valve be bad. It has never been changed before. Thanks.

Sean03
Then you would hear hissing and engine would die at idle

Docfixit
No it is the master cylinder then thanks for clarifying this up for me.

Sean03
Try bleeding at master see if you get pedal and rear shose need to slightyl drag as drum is turned

Docfixit
I found out that the brake fluid cap the little rubber piece under the cap fell into it. I washed the inside of the master cylinder out. Is it still safe to use once the water dries up on the inside. Thanks

Sean03
Tes dry it real good

Docfixit