ENGINE CRANKS OVER, BUT WON'T START.

1991 Dodge Dynasty • 161,353 miles

After driving for about 30 minutes or so, I stopped at a gas station to get gas. I turned the car off, and when I went to turn it back on, the car cranks, but will not start. After trying again, same thing. The third time, all I get is click click click. I thought it may be the battery (it was honestly pretty old). I replaced the battery, same thing. The car cranks just fine, but will not start. I have had someone help me to check, and can I can hear the fuel pump running when the key is turned, so I imagine that is working fine. So now I am at a loss. I have a '91 Dodge Dynasty, and I have no clue as to what it could be, or if the car is even worth the cost of repairs to fix this problem.
Kaelyste

Just because u can hear the pump doesn't mean there's enough pressure. You also need to check for spark and put a niod light on your objectors

Mikederouin88
Which engine do you have? If it's the 2.5L four cylinder, suspect the Hall Effect pickup assembly in the distributor. It has a high failure rate and is real easy and inexpensive to replace. If you have the 3.3L, suspect the crankshaft position sensor, but we need to check the diagnostic fault codes first.