NISSAN STANZA FUEL PUMP PROBLEM

1990 Nissan Stanza • 180,000 miles

The car ran excelent ive kept up on the fluids, thought I had a vapor lock was running rough and wouldnt gain speed very good and shook, it done that for about 2 months off and on I asumed it was a vapor lock seemed to get better after I put gas in and ran it. Then it stalled out wont start ive changed the fuel filter, the spark plugs, I checked to seeif I was getting a saprk, I hear the fuel pump when I switch the car ignition on, I am a single mother and I do not have finances for a garage to look at the car I usually do everything myself but I am at a loss now, it turns over sounds like it wants to start. Any help would be great.I am trying to find the throttle body I have been asking around and I keep hearing that but I can not locate it
thanks valerie
Thewhiteunicorn34f

Even if you hear the fuel pump, you should check to see if there is enough pressure to run the vehicle. Also, check to make sure you are getting a good hot, blue snapping spark at the plugs.

I do have good spark, I don't know how to check the fuel pump like that, I replaced all but one spark plug, its a aluminum head and one of them wouldn't come out im afraid of stripping it.

Thewhiteunicorn34f
To me it seemed as it was getting bad it wsa every couple weeks it would act up then for a week on and off it was like that so I assumed fuel pump also, when I replaced the fuel filter it wsa very black

Thewhiteunicorn34f