HELP

1990 Cadillac Fleetwood • V8 •

I need to replace the front inside lights on the bumper of my 1990 cadiliac fleetwood 60 special. I already bought bulbs, can't see the socket from underneath. Can you help tell me the correct way to access this? The outside turn light is easy to see but the other one is a quandry. Also what does the error code E49 mean on my computer display? Thanks!
Mike123

Code E49 is air management system problem, and is most commonly a faulty combination valve. The one mounted on the rear valve cover that contains the switching and diverter valves and solenoids. As far as the bulbs, I can find no procedures in ALLDATA, and I have no service manual at home. I will try and research tomorrow and get back.

Factoryjack
Hello and thank you for your help. The E49 error was a "Leaking gas line on the low pressure return" and I have service scheduled at my cadilliac dealer Tuesday on this. Weird Huh? I was looking at those valves too.
However if you can help me on the light situation I would greatly appreciate it, I still have no Idea how you get to the back of the inside front bumper light.

Thanks again!

Direct: grand_inquisitor@sbcglobal. Net

Mike123
Thanks Again!

Mike123
Use a long screwdriver to turn bulbs from top and pull them through
holes in radator support panel sqeek them in the same way. U may have to remove battery for help

Cadieman
Thank you for the response that seems like the logical way to do it.
Do you happen to know the replacement bulb part no or bulb number? My manual lists several. It should only have one element since it does not blink.

Mike123
Do you have the bulb out? If it is a large bulb with a brass base, and a single filament, it should be 1156. If it is a small(peanut) bulb with a push in glass base, it is a 194. If it is amber(yellow) in color, add NA to the end of the number.

Factoryjack