86 NO SPARK.

1986 Ford Ranger • 2.3L 4 cylinder 4WD Manual •

86 ford ranger, died while driving. Replaced the fuel pump and relay. Then later realized that the pump had no power to it. Also discovered a no spark situation. So, no spark, and no power to the fuel pump. ICM and coil test ok. Put in a new ignition switch. Removed EEC computer, to go to pullnsave to find another. Out of desperation, I tried without the computer installed. LOTS of spark, but still no power to the fuel pump. Weird. Couldn't find a used EEC, buy suspect this may be the problem. Any Ideas? BTW. Also checked the inertia switch. Everything ok there too. Help!
Mike luckey

There is a fusible link running probably off the starter relay it is a yellow wire leading to fp relay the fusible link is blue and are available at auto parts. Make sure to put correct one in.

I will check that thank you! Do you think my spark issue could be a bad computer?

Mike luckey
It could be but scan for codes to see if any sensors are bad like a crank sensor or cam sensor.

No codes, fusible links ok. Still leaning toward the EEC. What do ya think?

Mike luckey
Try it is all I can say

Kind of stuck trying with that now. I think we have tested/tried everything else. I will let you know.

Mike luckey