PONTIAC TRANS AM CRANKSHAFT PROBLEM

1980 Pontiac Trans Am

I have a 1980 chevy 305. Trans am. And I recently put a 1992 camaro rs 305 Chevy block in it. But I'm stuck on what flex plate I need to buy for the new motor to work correctly. I bought one from a junkyard and its cracking and I'm in need to buy new and can't find a correct flex plate to work please help?

What about the old one from your old motor?

The crankshaft diameter is a half inch different and doesn't line up.I went to oreiley's and they pulled out both years flex plates. The flex plate I have now I'm not sure wats its off of because Igot it from the junkyard

Justinpeddicord
Do you have the vin from the 92? If so, call the dealer for the correct flywheel

Thanks for replying back. But ya I don't have the vin. Just know it was a 92 camaro rs 305 Chevyblock. Just have no clue what the flex plate I currently have is off of to get a new one. The 80 crank is a half inch wider then the 92 so the bolt pattern doesn't line up on an 80 flex plate. And the 92 is 12" wide /80 is 14" wide idk

Justinpeddicord