WONT START

• treybcarter
  • 2000 Lexus GS 400

I have a 2000 lexus gs400, everything has been working perfect, went in the hiuse yesterday, came out would not do anything when I tried to start it, I got a new key, the computer flashed with a new key, akternator, battery and starter good, all lights radio and everything electronic works when key in, but will not turn over at all, no sound.

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2013 AT 11:08 PM

• ASEMaster6371

If it wont turn, how do you know the starter is good?

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 2:25 AM
  • treybcarter

Well in past starter issues, my experience has been when a starter is going out or gone generally it will still try to turn over or give u a click or something (I could be wrong this time, hopefully I am). Im getting no noise at all like it would be if the battery were dead, but the battery is good, everything else is functioning properly

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 2:01 PM
  • ASEMaster6371

No, you need to have the wiring checked to the starter and look for power to the little wire for the solenoid. It sounds like you have a bad starter motor

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 3:48 PM
  • treybcarter

Ok thanks a bunch, im going to try that next

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 AT 4:52 PM