I don't feel this will cause the engine to fail, but it is dangerous. The engine exhaust must exit the body of the vehicle. When you have it cut off under the car, there are good chances that carbon monoxide will enter the vehicle.
Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless. It can cause disorientation, sickness, and it will cause death if ingested long enough. So, this is a repair that shouldn't be put off.
If you must drive it this way, make sure to leave a window open so that fresh air can enter the vehicle. If you feel sick or disoriented at all, pull over and shut the engine.
Let me know if you have other questions.
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 AT 9:16 PM