You do not need to replace the distributor they service the sensor separate. Here are instruction and diagrams to help you get the job done:
Distributor removal is not necessary to remove camshaft position sensor.
1. Remove air cleaner assembly
2. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
3. Remove distributor cap from distributor (two screws).
4. Disconnect camshaft position sensor wiring harness from main engine wiring harness.
5. Remove distributor rotor from distributor shaft.
6. Lift the camshaft position sensor assembly from the distributor housing.
1. Install camshaft position sensor to distributor. Align sensor into notch on distributor housing.
2. Connect wiring harness.
3. Install rotor.
4. Install distributor cap. Tighten mounting screws.
5. Install air cleaner assembly.
Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know what happens.
Friday, November 9th, 2018 AT 12:32 PM