Wiring harness

STAN PLOTNER
  • 2004 DODGE RAM
How do you unhook the wiring harness from ABS control module on my truck? It has some kind of lock on it, cannot seem to get it unhooked.
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 9:44 AM

There is a tab to push down, then a lever to lift up. The lever has a hinge pin on two sides of the connector body.
-1
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 10:55 AM
STAN PLOTNER
No it would not push down and I could see no lever, pulled tab completely out still nothing, Here is some pictures. 2004 Hemi Magnum 5.7.
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 12:47 PM
KEN

Thanks for the pictures! You must push the red safety out of the connector before you can push down on the release.

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 3:00 PM
STAN PLOTNER
Thanks for the help, took red tap completely out, Nothing that I could see or pry without breaking something, Was told there might be water in there because the ABS lights are on and the speedometer is jumping up and down while sitting still, I already replaced the speed sensor on the rear end, giving up.
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 3:34 PM
Sorry for the delay and the confusion. That is a different style plug than what I was thinking about. You're in the wrong area though for the speedometer. The wheel speed sensors for the anti-lock brake system are different than for the speedometer. The transmission has an input speed sensor and an output speed sensor, both on the left side of the transmission. The sensor in the differential housing is for the rear wheels for the ABS.

The red locking wedge only needs to be pushed about 1/8" in the direction of the end with the step on it. That will let you press the release tab. Before you replace parts, did you have the ABS diagnostic fault codes read and recorded?
Monday, May 22nd, 2017 AT 7:39 PM