Side mirror wire diagrams

STARFIGHTER777
  • 2000 TOYOTA CAMRY
Trying to connect a power side mirror, not heated, for a 2000 Toyota Camry. The new replacement mirror is made for USA models and has black, green & yellow wires.
Original mirror has black, red and white color wires and Camry was made in Japan. Which color of wires match to each other?
Thursday, May 25th, 2017 AT 10:11 PM

JIS001
The color wires on the replacement should not really matter since the wires will be in the connector to plug into the body harness connector. Plug in the connector and verify operation of the mirror.
+3
Thursday, May 25th, 2017 AT 10:27 PM
There's actually five versions of wire colors, but they all refer to the date of production. You didn't specify left or right mirror, but the colors are not what you listed. My diagram shows a light green / red as the common to both motors in both mirrors. The brown / white is the left / right for the left mirror. The brown / yellow is the up / down for the left mirror.

The brown / red is the left / right for the right mirror, and the light green / black is the up / down.

With non-standard wire colors, you have to go by trial and error. You can't hurt anything by connecting the wires incorrectly. If the common is connected correctly and the other two are mixed up, the mirror will just move in the wrong direction. If you mix up the common wire, the mirror will move in two directions at the same time, but very slowly.
+2
Thursday, May 25th, 2017 AT 10:33 PM
STARFIGHTER777
Thanks for the help. I am replacing both left and right side mirrors. The new mirrors are made for a USA model Camry and has a different style connector than the wire connection coming from the Japan model Camry.
Friday, May 26th, 2017 AT 12:41 AM
KEN

I found these wiring diagrams for you to get the problem fixed (BELOW)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
+2
Monday, May 29th, 2017 AT 12:53 PM