Hi and thanks for using 2CarPros. Com.
I have to be honest. Either one is a pain. However, if you are taking it apart, I would replace the regulator assembly. If your luck is line mine, as soon as you replace the clips, the regulator will break.
Here are the removal directions.
1. Remove door trim panel and water dam.
2. Remove inner door belt weatherstrip.
3. Lower door glass to bottom of door to gain access to attaching bolts.
4. Loosen bolts attaching door glass to window regulator lift plates.
5. Disengage door glass (1) from regulator (3).
6. Lift door glass (1) upward, tilting down at the front and up at the back, out of the opening at the top of door.
1. Carefully lower door glass (1) through opening in top of door.
2. Position door glass (1) into window regulator lift plates.
3. Install bolts door glass to lift plates and do not tighten.
4. Raise glass to the full up position and then tighten the lift plate bolts.
5. Install inner door belt weatherstrip.
6. Install door trim panel and water dam.
Let me know if this helps or if you have other questions.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Thursday, September 13th, 2018 AT 8:31 PM