WHETHER KICKING A TIRE WITH FEET AND HITTING A CURB WHILE PARKING, COULD CAUSE PROBLEMS OR DANGERS?

2009 Ford Focus

Mark19El

I have a question,
Last day I was having my car's front left tire inflated.
And the one who was inflating the tire, suddenly, punched the tire at its side just at its top edge heavily, he said he wanted to test something.
I read before that one should not try to punch or kick his car's tires from any point, for any testing.

So I am asking, is such an action of a punch or kick on the tire, its side or edges, dangerous or might cause any issue in the car or its wheels or its suspension system.
In addition I hit many time, the curb when I am parking the car, sometime vigorously and other times smooth hits, what consequences too could happen from that?
Just assure me please.

My best regards.

Wheel Assembly

Stuck Wheels

saturntech9

He was probably checking for a weak sidewall the sidewall could pop in your face I wouldn't do it. Truck drivers do it to test there tires on there trucks with a stick.I wouldn't say itdamages anything just dangerous to be on the wrong end of a bad tire. Hitting the curb etc can cut/gouge weaken your sidewall to cause a sidewall blow out.

Mark19El

Thanks for your quick help,
You just comforted me that these only could happen.
I am still surprised that such a vigorous kick or punch, or curb hits, would do nothing to the car suspension parts at all.

saturntech9

Oh no dont get me wrong if you hit a curb hard enough you bend or break something.

Mark19El

Ok, that's what I believe of. What parts get the damage out of that hits?

saturntech9

It varies from impact to impact lol I have seen rims bend control arms sub frames struts knuckles etc.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire