The first thing to look for is any warning lights on for the charging system. If no lights are on you are okay as far as the battery goes. A performance test is in order which consists of seeing how long the battery will last under full load and compare it to a new unit. Hybrid battery usually last about 120,000 miles in most cases so if your car has 140,000 on it replacement is due. Here are the instructions and guides below to help you change the hybrid battery out. Check out the diagrams below.
See: Vehicle > Technician Safety Information > Repair Instruction - Precaution
2. READ OUTPUT DTC
(a)Check for DTCs.
NOTE: Check for DTCs and confirm that P0AA6 (High voltage insulation is unusual) is not output before doing removal or installation inside the battery. If the DTC is output, perform troubleshooting first.
3. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL
NOTE: When disconnecting the cable, some systems need to be initialized after the cable is reconnected See: Vehicle > Programming and Relearning > Repair Instruction - Initialization.
4. REMOVE SERVICE PLUG GRIP See: Hybrid Battery Service Switch > Removal and Replacement > Removal
5. REMOVE NO. 2 ENGINE ROOM SIDE COVER LH See: Engine > Removal and Replacement > Removal
6. REMOVE COOL AIR INTAKE DUCT SEAL See: Engine > Removal and Replacement > Removal
7. REMOVE AIR CLEANER CAP SUB-ASSEMBLY See: Engine > Removal and Replacement > Removal
8. REMOVE AIR CLEANER CASE SUB-ASSEMBLY
9. SEPARATE INVERTER RESERVE TANK SUB-ASSEMBLY
(a)Remove the 2 bolts and inverter reserve tank sub-assembly.
10. REMOVE INVERTER COVER - Instructions continue in the diagrams below
Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, October 13th, 2018 AT 12:29 PM