I would definitely replace the alternator. There is a lot more than just the brushes for an alternator. There is a rectifier bradge and diode trio as well as bearings that are causing the noises.
1. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER
2. REMOVE THROTTLE BODY COVER
3. DISCONNECT CABLE FROM NEGATIVE (-) BATTERY TERMINAL
4. DISCONNECT INTAKE AIR CONNECTOR FROM THROTTLE BODY
imageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
5. REMOVE DRIVE BELT
Loosen the belt tension by turning the belt tensioner counterclockwise, and remove the drive belt.
HINT: The pulley bolt for the belt tensioner has a left hand thread.
6. REMOVE PS VANE PUMP FROM ENGINE
7. REMOVE GENERATOR
a. Disconnect the generator connector.
b. Remove the terminal cap and nut, and disconnect the generator wire.
c. Disconnect the wire clamp from the cord clip on the generator.
d. Remove the bolt, the 2 nuts and the generato
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, July 18th, 2020 AT 4:37 AM