I am not seeing a service bulletin, but I do have directions for resealing the windshield which seems to be a common problem.
Here are those directions. Based on what you described, I believe this is the problem.
2004 Lincoln Town Car V8-4.6L VIN W
Vehicle Windows and Glass Windshield Service and Repair Procedures Windshield Reseal
1. Remove the cowl panel grille.
2. If equipped, remove the overhead console.
3. Position the LH and RH front door weatherstrips aside.
4. Remove the LH and RH windshield side garnish mouldings.
5. Remove the LH and RH sun visors and sun visor clips.
6. Partially lower the front portion of the headliner and block with a suitable material.
7. Clean the interior and exterior of windshield glass surface with a non-alcohol based glass cleaner.
8. Cut the urethane adhesive applicator tip to specification.
- Use either a high-ratio, electric or battery-operated caulk gun that will apply the urethane with less effort and continuous bead.
- Make sure that all gaps in the urethane adhesive are smoothed into one continuous bead.
Apply urethane adhesive over top of the existing urethane adhesive.
- Apply the urethane to the top and sides of the windshield from the interior of the vehicle.
- Apply the urethane to the bottom of the windshield from the exterior of the vehicle.
10. NOTE: The urethane adhesive must cure for a minimum of 1 hour before testing for air or water leaks.
After the urethane has cured, check the windshield seal for air or water leaks through the urethane bead and add urethane adhesive as necessary.
11. Position the front portion of the headliner.
12. Install the LH and RH sun visors and sun visor clips.
13. Install the LH and RH windshield side garnish mouldings.
14. Install the LH and RH front door weatherstrips.
15. If equipped, install the overhead console.
16. Install the cowl panel grille.
Let me know if that takes care of the problem.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 AT 9:38 PM