It should have 0 volts until you push the switch.
It sounds like you need a multifunction switch. You need to remove a couple screws for the clam shell around the column. Then remove the 2 halfs.
Once you do that, there are 2 screws that hold the switch to the column. Easy removal. There should be 2 wire connectors you have to loosen as well.
Removal and Installation
CAUTION: Do not remove the ignition lock cylinder and the ignition switch at the same time or damage to the column can result.
1. Disconnect the battery ground cable.
ImageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
2. Remove the 2 screws and the steering column opening cover.
3. Remove the 3 screws and the upper and lower steering column shroud.
4. Disconnect the multi-function switch electrical connector.
5. Remove the 2 multi-function switch screws and the multi-function switch.
To install, tighten to 3 Nm (27 inch lbs.).
6. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Sunday, November 17th, 2019 AT 5:29 AM