VIBRATIONS OVER 60 MPH

2004 Volvo S80

jaypat

November, 21, 2008 AT 6:05 AM

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2004 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 117500 miles

I have a Volvo S80 T6 2004. I hit some potholes. I got tires balances but it still vibrates and we can feel on steering wheel and seats. My car technician checked other parts too and he said that its the tires! All tires are just one year old and seems to be in good condition. What could be the problem?

ZapZap

August, 1, 2009 AT 1:06 PM

I m also having the same problem wih my S80 T6 2004 55000KM. All tires are brand new and the vibration occur when going up hill @ 80Km/h with rpm stuck at 1500 and it wont go up. Please help.

JIS001

August, 4, 2009 AT 2:09 AM

How hard did you hit this pot hole for it to have a vibration afterwards? You may want to check your rims to make sure they are not bent?

jefftadie@yahoo.com

Just donated $3 to help the cause. And get an answers as my 2002 Volvo S80 has brand new wheels and tires and still has the skakes at 40mph or higher, with a bit more under a load up a hill, etc. We here told we had bent rims, and the tires were carryover from when we bought the car used. It does seem to have gotten progressively worse over the past 6 mths, thus the new tires and rims thinking that would solve the issue. The car does travel mostly straight when we take our hand off the sterring wheel so we presume the alignment is OK. We thought maybe a bent wheel spindle but would that affect at all speeds. Plus the "under a load" phenomenom is puzzling. Other ideas that we could check? Thanks all.

JIS001

If the wheels are balanced did they tell you what rim was bent? Also have them check the axles. The inner joints is what seems to start to bind up and cause a vibration but so can the outer joints. Have them wiggle the joints to check for play.

Upper Control Arm Replacement
Replace Tie Rod End
Safely Changing Your Spare Tire