OIL PRESSURE LIGHT AND MESSAGE

2000 Volvo S80

marianna stacy

December, 17, 2008 AT 9:12 PM

2000 Volvo S80 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive

Last night after driving 5 miles from work and less than 1 block from my home, the message center on my car indicated that " no oli pressure, stop engine ASAP". I pulled into my driveway and stopped. The next morning I started my car and there was no message or light. I drove 2 blocks to a service station and had my oil checked and it was somewhat low. I had the oil and filter changed and proceeded to work with no problems.

Same thing happened this afternoon a few blocks further from home, but the message and oil light went off and on intermittently. There is no noticeable engine change, no smell or sounds? What do you thiink the problem could be?

mhpautos

December, 17, 2008 AT 9:22 PM

Hi there,

I would be checking the engine oil pressure with a mechanical gauge, if all is OK replace the sender unit as it may be faulty.

JIS001

March, 29, 2009 AT 4:43 PM

Your oil pump pick up tube seals are leaking causing you to lose oil pressure. Quick way to check this is to pull the oil dipstick out and if the oil is really foamy that is your problem. And this repair will be very expensive. I think it is 5 hours labor to remove and install the oil pan plus parts. Also you should do your oil changes more frequently. 7500 miles seems to long. I usually do it 5000k miles but set my counter for 3000 miles for the service light to come on.

Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes
Oil and Filter Replacement BMW M5 2005-2010
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevy Silverado
Engine Oil Change and Filter Kia Forte