REPLACING LOW BEAM

2005 Volvo S60

Eric_B_S60

June, 12, 2010 AT 3:05 PM

2005 Volvo S60 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I need to replace the driver side low beam lamp on a 2005 Volvo S60. Is there a quicker method than removing the entire headlight assembly?

JIS001

June, 15, 2010 AT 1:56 AM

Is this regular halogen bulb or bi-xenon bulb?

Eric_B_S60

June, 20, 2010 AT 2:48 PM

Regular halogen bulb

JIS001

June, 20, 2010 AT 4:49 PM

Yes there is an easier way since removing the headlight assembly requires you to remove the front bumpr skin. You can remove the air cleaner box which should give you more room but you should be able to access the bulb without removing the air box but removing it will make it easier. Look on the back of the headlight assembly and you will see round covers. Twist counter clockwise and remove the cover.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/337695_131446129_1.gif

You will see the bulb held in place bya clip. Becarefull when removing the bulb. 90% of the time the connector is brittle and falls apart. So wiggle it out gently. once the connector is off remove the clip and pull bulb out. Whe you install the bulb make sure it goes in straght. If not, the light will either be shining too low or up depending on which way it went so make sure it goes in straight. HINT: Look through the glass of the headlamp to align the lamp. Resecure the clip that holds the bulb down and reconnect the connector.The round cover you removed will have a marking that will say top. That part will need to face on top when you reintall the cover. Good luck and I hope this instructions will help you out.

Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Headlight Bulb Replacement Acura MDX
Headlight Bulb Replacement GMC Yukon
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini