2005 VOLVO S60 REPLACING S60 LOW BEAM

• Eric_B_S60
  • 2005 Volvo S60

2005 Volvo S60 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I need to replace the driver side low beam lamp on a 2005 Volvo S60. Is there a quicker method than removing the entire headlight assembly?

Saturday, June 12th, 2010 AT 3:05 PM

• JIS001

Is this regular halogen bulb or bi-xenon bulb?

Tuesday, June 15th, 2010 AT 1:56 AM
  • Eric_B_S60

Regular halogen bulb

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 AT 2:48 PM
  • JIS001

Yes there is an easier way since removing the headlight assembly requires you to remove the front bumpr skin. You can remove the air cleaner box which should give you more room but you should be able to access the bulb without removing the air box but removing it will make it easier. Look on the back of the headlight assembly and you will see round covers. Twist counter clockwise and remove the cover.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/337695_131446129_1.gif

You will see the bulb held in place bya clip. Becarefull when removing the bulb. 90% of the time the connector is brittle and falls apart. So wiggle it out gently. once the connector is off remove the clip and pull bulb out. Whe you install the bulb make sure it goes in straght. If not, the light will either be shining too low or up depending on which way it went so make sure it goes in straight. HINT: Look through the glass of the headlamp to align the lamp. Resecure the clip that holds the bulb down and reconnect the connector.The round cover you removed will have a marking that will say top. That part will need to face on top when you reintall the cover. Good luck and I hope this instructions will help you out.

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 AT 4:49 PM