2001 VOLVO S60 CAR JERKING WHEN PUT IN DRIVE POSITION

• emmanuel
  • 2001 Volvo S60

2001 Volvo S60 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 65000 miles

I have a 2001 Volvo S60 2.0T and has a problem with its auto transmission. It used to jerk whenever I put it in drive position. Last week the car just stopped moving and showed a warning sign that it needed transmission service.

I waited for a few minutes and tried to drive it and it did move but with difficulty. Before it stopped moving the car would also not jerk whenever I started driving after parking for sometime but only when the engine had warmed up. It also did not jerk from an incline position if I stopped and started driving again.

Please advise because it can’t move anymore. I have tried to consult the local dealer but they seem not to know the problem only advised to change the whole gear box.

I have also consulted someone online who has advised to change the gear position sensor. Do you think this could be the problem?

Your assistance will highly be appreciated

Regards,

Emmanuel

Monday, October 6th, 2008 AT 5:53 PM

• JIS001

You will need to replace the entire gearbox.

Sunday, March 29th, 2009 AT 5:58 PM