ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM2000 VOLVO C70 FRONT ...

2000 Volvo C70

terreone

October, 1, 2010 AT 11:59 AM

2000 Volvo C70 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 80k miles

After replacing the head gasket and flywheel my 2000 Volvo C70 Turbo cranks, tries to start but won't. There is spark. The timing is correct. I pulled off the fuel rail and the injectors fire two to four times each and then stop. If I turn the key back and do it again, it repeats. Injectors shoot out fuel a few times and as the car continues to crank, they cease to fire any more fuel. Any ideas?

Wrenchtech

October, 1, 2010 AT 12:09 PM

Is the spark doing the same thing as the injectors?

terreone

October, 2, 2010 AT 4:57 PM

There is continous spark. Only the injectors squirt gas for 4 or 5 cycles (4 or 5 times each) and then they just stop squirting fuel. The is spark continous. I have replaced the crankshaft sensor.

Wrenchtech

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:00 PM

I would try unplugging all the injectors and use a noid light in one of them to see if it changes anything to indicate an shorted injector causing the problem.

terreone

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:23 PM

Even is all 5 injectors are firing at one point? All 5 take their respective turns for a few times each and then none work.

Wrenchtech

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:26 PM

But you don't know if one shorted injector is pulling the power supply down.

terreone

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:29 PM

OK, I'll try it. At hti point I'll try anything. Since I don't have a 'noid' lite or know what it is, can I simply take turns disconnecting one injector at a time?

Wrenchtech

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:32 PM

No, you can buy a noid light at most any auto parts store for under $10.
How do you know that your losing injector pulse if you don't have a noid light?

terreone

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:33 PM

By the way, each and everytime I turn the key back and try to restart I get all injectors firing again---and then stopping again.

terreone

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:36 PM

I have pulled the entire rail our and allow them to fire into a container. I can see them squirting.

Wrenchtech

October, 2, 2010 AT 5:37 PM

OK, we need to look at this electrically.

Replacing Head Gasket
Spark Plug Replacement Toyota Corolla 2000-20
Spark Plug Replacement Honda Element