Fault code 5660 refers to oil level sensor continues to be on.

BUZZBOB
  • 2007 VOLVO C70
The code has been read and cleared twice by a mechanic. How can it be got rid of permanently and why is it on? The oil level appears to be normal and the engine has been serviced.
It is a D5 engine 2.4L
Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 5:54 PM

Has the sensor been checked?
-2
Monday, November 7th, 2011 AT 6:28 PM
COMPACT90
Hi
I have the 2.4 D5 2008 version I have found out how to sort this out.

After changing the oil and re-filling to the 3/4 fill line the light comes on (engine service required)!

The sensors was changed as a point of caution this did not work as the light came on again after being reset!

Checked with Volvo who emptied some of the oil out, the scale on the dip stick has low to full which has crosses in-between, we (Volvo) have found as long as the oils not above the third cross the light stays off and everything's fine and then reset the service light.

This has been tested the garage I brought the car from didn't know this and has just topped up my oil and the light has come back on so needs emptying again and resetting!

Hope this helps.

Cheers ian
+16
Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 AT 2:04 PM

Sponsored links