ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM2000 VOLKSWAGEN TDI 4 ...

2000 Volkswagen TDI

tnguyena

July, 20, 2010 AT 1:11 PM

2000 Volkswagen TDI 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

I have 2000 TDI VW new beetle it has 245K and the car start every time but it will not continue to run unless I spray the starting fluid. Anyone have any Idea what do I have to do to fixed.
My mechanic told me it is the injector pump but I just want to be sure before I put a lot of $$ into the new pump.
Please help
Tony

July, 20, 2010 AT 6:11 PM

Hi tnguyena, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Check the fuel filter if its clogged, air in the system and the injection pump solenoid.

tnguyena

July, 20, 2010 AT 9:59 PM

I do have all the new filters change out may be two weeks before this happen, I did check the glow plug, they all work.
I need to check the injector relay solenoid but don't know where they locate and how they work.
Please let me know how to check them.
Tony

July, 21, 2010 AT 1:10 AM

Sorry I don't have any type of info on this Volks TDI in MIt1 and Alldata auto references on the injector relay solenoid. Its function is the same as a typical relay

tnguyena

July, 21, 2010 AT 9:50 AM

Any orther master mechanican that can help?
Please let me know how to test the injector pump and relay solenoid good or bad?
Tony

tnguyena

July, 21, 2010 AT 10:03 AM

Just call the dealer and they said, they don't see any injector pump relay solenoid listed on this car?
Help
Help
Help
Help
Need help ASAP.

July, 21, 2010 AT 3:13 PM

Help
Help
Help
Help
Need help ASAP.

It doesn't have one you need to listen to the mechanic on the injection pump that's where the fuel originally gonna come from, if you have to be spraying it to keep it running. Get checked and tested

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8
Replace Fuel Pump Relay