ABS LIGHT ON

1999 Volkswagen Passat

MarekK

Brakes problem
1999 Volkswagen Passat 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I have 99 Passat. There was a problem with ABS/brake light being on/off and beeping. I've found on the internet that electrical part of the ABS unit may be the cause. I follow instructions, disassembled the unit, solder two disconnected wires and put everything back. Now only ABS light is on and is solid. I suspect that during the process lubricant from ABS module leaked. When I was putting everything back I noticed that hydraulic part is completely dry. Will adding some lubricant help and what kind of lubricant should I use?

Jack42

Im not aware of any lube used in an ABS motor besides the brake fluid in the hydraulic system. Have you ever had the computer scanned to retreive the codes for a diagnosis?What you did may be a problem with those cars, but it doesnt necessarily mean it is the problem with your car

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement