JETTA WOLFSBERG'S BRAKE LIGHTS REFUSE TO GO OFF

2001 Volkswagen

Handsome Jim

August, 26, 2006 AT 2:11 PM

I have an 01 jetta wolfsberg with 90000 miles on it and recently had the rear brake lights refuse to go off. When I park the car, I have to disconect the battery otherwise the car will lose all power within 2 hours. When I connect the battery again, the lights are off and as son as I turnt he car back on, they stay on until the battery is disconected.
I figure it is a short in the electrical somewhere, but I am wondering if anyone else has seen or heard of this same problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

chronicsilver

September, 14, 2006 AT 9:57 PM

Look underneath the steering wheel column by the brake pedal. There should be a small button touching the brake pedal " stem". This part is called the brake light switch. Try to turn it clockwise or vice versa. It has weird connectors which won't let the brake lights go off until the connections are broken. If that's not the problem, then maybe yo do ahve a short.

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Chevrolet
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Brake Light Bulb Replacement