2000 Volkswagen Eurovan Starter

VLASTIMIL BAZANT
  • 2000 VOLKSWAGEN EUROVAN

2000 Volkswagen Eurovan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I started the engine. Nothing unusual happened, however within about 30 seconds the starter engaged by itself. I turned off the engine, raised the hood and looked for signs of trouble. Did not see anything, but there was a faint smell of electric insulation. Tried to started again. The engine started immediatelly, the starter disengaged correctly only to engage by itself in a minut or so. Turned off the engine. Than the starter engaged on its own. I disconnected the battery and I don't have a clue where to start. Would you please comment? Thank you Vlastimil.

Sunday, November 29th, 2009 AT 9:21 PM

MHPAUTOS

Hi there, there is a park/starter relay behind the center of the dash, I would be checking this out as also the ignition switch, there is not pic of the location of this relay on the data base sorry.

Please consider a donation to help us answer more questions.
Sunday, November 29th, 2009 AT 10:43 PM
VWSCOTT

I think that relay is located on the left lower corner of the relay panel. I think they had recall on those switches. If it's all white throw it out and get a new one. They're only $20 or so at the dealer, used to be anyways.

Saturday, July 7th, 2012 AT 1:35 AM

Help us by donating