Vehicle not starting

KITENGE
  • 1994 NISSAN SERENA
Hello.

I have a Nissan Serena. This car has failed on me at the gas station when I was refilling the fuel. It was driving fine, and when I switched it off, it did restart, but couldn't rev past 2000 rpm.

I scanned it and it gave the code of Mass air flow meter which I changed with another one and it didn't change a thing.
I then left and tried it the next day, there was no code, and the vehicle only cranked, but this time the car wouldn't start.

*I then checked and lifted the whole injector rail, and cranked, and all injectors sprayed on their on time.
*I checked the spark plugs, and it plug sparked and that proves the coils and spark plugs are fine.
*I redid the timing marks as well
*The fuel pressure is good, and I even changed the fuel filter and pump.

All the above has been done, and the vehicle still can't start.

Please advise
Sunday, August 18th, 2019 AT 1:39 PM

MASTERWRENCH
Welcome to 2CarPros!

It sounds like you've covered all the basics. I know you've replaced the fuel filter and fuel pump. Any chance you pulled a fuel sample and closely examined it? It seems very coincidental that the engine ran fine until you filled it with a new batch of fuel. I would try starting it with an auxiliary fuel source such as starting fluid. If you can get it to start by doing that, there's a very good chance the "fresh" fuel you purchased is no good.
Sunday, September 8th, 2019 AT 10:27 PM

Sponsored links