LOSS OF POWER

2005 Vauxhall Zafira

Jdusty964

February, 8, 2010 AT 1:44 PM

2005 Vauxhall Zafira Two Wheel Drive Manual 55000 miles

My engine is a 2.0 DTI, earlier I stopped for some lights but when I went to pull off again the engine warning light came on and the car would not rev above 1800, this was accompanied by the fact that the car would not speed up to anything over 30 mph.

having left the car for about 15mins I returned to try and see what power the car had. At first it was sluggish and then what sounded a bit like an injector/turbo kicked in and allowed the revs up a bit.

though light is still on and car is still very sluggish. Not wanting to drive it until I know roughly what the problem is before trying to get it into a garage.

Any Ideas anyone?

Jack42

February, 10, 2010 AT 7:16 AM

Far toomany things could cause that to guess. Need to have the computer scanned to see what the code is (engine light). This will most likely lead to the fix for your vehicle. With computer controls, one thing can affect other items, that is why guess work is far too difficult and the on-board diagnostics are there for

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Find Out How to Test Your Catalytic Converter
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right