HEATER PROBLEMS

2005 Vauxhall Vectra

marknic79

October, 31, 2009 AT 8:26 AM

2005 Vauxhall Vectra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 55000 miles

My vectra heating fans are only blowing cold air. I have replaced the thermostat and checked the matrix and fan which is fine. I have checked the heating fuses too and there fine too. The fans are blowing well and strong but no heat is coming through at all. So I presume the fan motor is at full working condition. It seems like there is something stopping the heat coming from the matrix up through the fan system. Help!

Heater

Dave H

November, 2, 2009 AT 4:32 AM

Flush the cooling system. To remove any blockages !

marknic79

November, 2, 2009 AT 4:51 AM

Thank you for your reply. I flushed the cooling system out when I changed the thermostat. After running the car to temperature I felt the cooling pipes to the thermostat then from the thermostat to the matrix and they were all hot. I think it could be an electrical fault. Maybe a solenoid or the temperature mixer? Something somewhere is not letting the hot air through the air vents.

Dave H

November, 2, 2009 AT 5:02 AM

Check the blend door on the heater box. It may be stuck in the cold position !

marknic79

November, 2, 2009 AT 5:09 AM

Thanks Dave I will check this and let you know how I got on. Is the heater box located behind the center console air vents? Or do I need to remove the glove box to locate it?

Dave H

November, 2, 2009 AT 5:14 AM

The blend door should be located near the heater matrix and controlled by a vacuum hose you can usually access from under/behind glove box. I do not have any diagrams to supply for this vehicle as it was not released in the U.S.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro