HEATER PROBLEM2005 VAUXHALL VECTRA TWO WHEEL ...

2005 Vauxhall Vectra

khurram

February, 23, 2009 AT 2:25 PM

Heater problem
2005 Vauxhall Vectra Two Wheel Drive Manual

hi there I have a problem with my vauxhall vectra cdti sri 55 reg the thermostat needle doesnt go up hardly if it does it only goes up less than a quarter how much does this cost to repair also when the engine is running ther is a strange smell coming from the car

Thermostat

Thermostat

Dave H

February, 23, 2009 AT 3:50 PM

Check coolant level is not over full mark. What kind of strange smell? Where is the smell inside or outside?

khurram

February, 24, 2009 AT 11:34 AM

The coolant level is fine the smell comes and goes its on the outside cant tell where its coming from its like a burning sort of smell how much would it cost to repair the thermostat

Dave H

February, 24, 2009 AT 11:56 AM

Replaceing the thermostat takes about 20 mins and a new themostat cost's around 5. So it all depends on what sort of labor charge from the garage. Should be 30 mins labor (around 25) if you do take it to the garage ask them to diagnose the burning smell. Should cost nothing for a diagnosis in the hope they get the work. A burning smell could be a drive belt getting worn could even be the clutch it is difficult to diagnose without being on scene and actually smelling it?

Thermostat Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Thermostat Replacement Chevrolet Blazer
Thermostat Replacement Chrysler PT Cruiser