2002 Vauxhall Vectra whats wrong with my car

BUNNYBASHER
  • 2002 VAUXHALL VECTRA

Noises problem
2002 Vauxhall Vectra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 95000 miles

my car engine is making a lot of noise with stalling problems when idle and in low revs the whole car shakes

Tuesday, November 4th, 2008 AT 8:20 AM

BABYGIRL616

Have you got the problem sorted yet?
Does your have a timing chain? At the begining of the year my engine was noisy and felt like it had no power, I had the timing chain replaced as it was worn and jumped a tooth. There is a lot of improvement but the car is still not running at its best and has the same problem as yours. I have been again told the chain may not have been timed properly, but surely if this was the case the problem would be constant.

Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 AT 4:16 AM
BUNNYBASHER

Have you got the problem sorted yet?
Does your have a timing chain? At the begining of the year my engine was noisy and felt like it had no power, I had the timing chain replaced as it was worn and jumped a tooth. There is a lot of improvement but the car is still not running at its best and has the same problem as yours. I have been again told the chain may not have been timed properly, but surely if this was the case the problem would be constant.[/Quote:02d13f3f75]

funny enough had a mechanic look at it yesterday for me recons one of the injectors went causing the problems but now another has gone so the car wont even start will cost 40 to find out what injectors have gone and they cost about 40 - 50 each to replace plus mechanic charges

Sunday, November 23rd, 2008 AT 1:22 PM