1999 Vauxhall Vectra battery

CHRISROBSON
  • 1999 VAUXHALL VECTRA
My battery drains when the cars switched off iv replaced old battery but it still happens.
Thursday, January 7th, 2010 AT 11:42 AM

DAVE H
Check for something staying ON while vehicle is off. Boot light/glovebox light/radio. Etc. Etc. Also check battery connections are good and clean at all connector's including the earth points on chassis and engine
Friday, January 8th, 2010 AT 5:16 AM
CHRISROBSON
Thanx iv checked that there is nothing left on and there isnt but I have noticed a snaped wire attached 2 the bodywork under the bonnet near the passenger headlight could this be the problem? Regards c. Robson

i cant see wer the rest ov of the wire is could u tell me were 2 locate it please I think its a 1.5mm wire and it is black thanx.
Saturday, January 9th, 2010 AT 5:56 AM
DAVE H
Yes this could definately be the problem .. re-attach the wire.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/266999_AAA2_948.png

Sunday, January 10th, 2010 AT 3:29 AM
CHRISROBSON
Thanx I will try :). I have another problem my car keeps cutting out when it should be ticking over I hav replaced the 2 sensors on the air filter as I was told this could be the problem but nothing has changed my engine management light is also on almost all the time which is affecting the power I realy appreciate your feed back. Regards c robson
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 AT 9:58 AM
DAVE H
You really need to have the car plugged into a diagnostic scanner to retrieve the fault codes, this will tell us where the fault lies. It could be any number of sensors/parts causing this symptom, repost with full fault codes for further assistance and repair information !
Sunday, January 10th, 2010 AT 7:02 PM