EMISSION PROBLEMS

1998 Vauxhall Vectra

skivvy2

May, 10, 2010 AT 2:02 PM

1998 Vauxhall Vectra 6 cyl Manual

hi I took my vectra sri for a mot the other day and it failed on emissions I replaced the cat as the mechanic done a test on it and said there wasnt one there.
i also replaced the lambda sensor.
i had another mechanic with a diagnostic who ran a test and said all the sensors were fine and running as they should.
i went back to the garage again and got a reading printed off and they are as follows
co 0.72
COcorr 0.76
co2 13.50
hc 113
02 0.81
^ 1.013
Toil 15
rpm 0
any ideas what it could be I am completly stuck now

Dave H

May, 11, 2010 AT 3:40 AM

Did the car refailt after cat and lambda replacement?. Also there are 2 02/lambda sensors. Was the correct one replaced?

skivvy2

May, 11, 2010 AT 8:14 AM

Hi yes the car failed after replaceing the lambda and cat I got told the sensors were fine by the diagnostic guy although it keeps failing the emission test at the minute apparently its letting too much fuel through

Dave H

May, 12, 2010 AT 4:09 AM

Is the cars MIL/CEL (check engine light) on? Are there any fault codes stored on cars computer? Repalce the air filter and clean/replace the MAF (mass airflow) sensor. Also add a good fuel system to fuel tank to clean out the injectors etc.

skivvy2

May, 21, 2010 AT 9:56 AM

Took the car for another emissions test after putting a new lambda, maf sensor and replacing the cat its still saying that its too rich on the petrol ive had 2 guys with a diagnostic machine out to read it and they both say there isnt any faults coming up on the computer.
Is there a way to slow down how much petrol is being let throug so its not burning to much fuel

Dave H

May, 22, 2010 AT 4:39 AM

Fuel delivery is computer controlled. Computer uses readings from MAF/MAP and ECT sensors to determine amount of fuel delivered to injectors. Could be a bad injector or faulty fuel pressure regulator?

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen