1997 Vauxhall Tigra

ISL07036572
  • 1997 VAUXHALL TIGRA

1997 Vauxhall Tigra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 117985 miles

hi guys

i have a vauxhall tigra and the speedometer isnt working. It works sometimes and I was hoping if you could tell me where the wiring is connected under the bonnet. I recently went to a mechanic and was told there was some dodgy wiring to connect the speedometer. Can you show me a diagram of where it will be under the bonnet and how it is to be connected.

ps. I know its not the sensor, the mechanic showed me the wiring done under the bonnet: need to know how it looks so I can identify it thanks.

also, my car starts to jerk forward sometimes when im driving, it also has an oil leak. Are they related

Monday, August 30th, 2010 AT 9:41 AM

DAVE H

The wiring and oil leak/jerking are not related ! We do not have a wiring diagram for this vehicle your local autoparts store will be able to supply a repair manual with diagrams inside

Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 2:50 AM
ISL07036572

Thanks for replying
but ive got a bigger problem now. My oil leak was quite severe and now the car starts up but really struggles and theres a hissing noise under the bonnet. Im guessing the gaskets broke and needs replacing, plus theres water coming out from the exhaust

any advise on this

Tuesday, August 31st, 2010 AT 6:24 AM
DAVE H

Have the cylinders compression tested for headgasket failure

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 AT 1:23 AM