SPEEDO

2001 Vauxhall

jiohnnynaden1

January, 13, 2009 AT 10:01 AM

Interior problem
2001 Other Vauxhall Models 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 70000 miles

hi I am looking at buying a vauxhall fronterra pertrol 2.2ltr year 2001 but I have been told the speedo can be sometimes intermitant I pressume it jumps up and down & it does not give a true reading I pressume the car would fail a mot for this reason not sure? &Amp; would it cost me a lot to sort out the problem & what do you think is wrong with it thanks ian.

Dave H

February, 3, 2009 AT 7:05 PM

The speedometer gets it's signal from a VSS (vehicle speed sensor) it could be a fault on the sensor or wiring. This would not affect the MOT. Vehicles are not driven during the MOT so the tester would not even know it is not working. Unless you are really unlucky. But I must advise to have it repaired. If it is picked up on during the test. It will fail !

madmick

April, 17, 2009 AT 4:11 AM

You could drive around with side lights on as I did its the back of the clocks thats the problem the milage keeps recording as mine did the same it all to do with the resistar and solded conections

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Coolant Temperature Sender Replacement