ENGINE SWAP PROBLEM HELP PLEASE

2006 Vauxhall Monaro

wolf911

September, 5, 2008 AT 1:39 AM

Computer problem
2006 Vauxhall Monaro V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi. I have swapped my 1990 camaro engine/transmission with a 2006 vauxhell monaro engine/transmission I took the whole thing from a crashed monaro. Now the problem that is the engine starts just for one or tow second and stops and the security icon is on. Please help since 2006 l have tried tens of electricians and non of them solved the problem. Now i'm determined to do it my self with some help from you guys.

thanks

mhpautos

September, 5, 2008 AT 1:46 AM

Hi there,

did you swap the ECU as well, check this and do a scan, you may have to re program the security system. The ecu may not recognize the key you are using.

wolf911

September, 5, 2008 AT 6:27 PM

Yes I bought the engine/transmission pcm, bcm, pim, the key and the harnesses from the same car.

mhpautos

September, 6, 2008 AT 1:06 AM

Hi there.

If there is a key reader on the ignition switch this will have to be replaced with the unit from the second car or you may be Abel to re program it.

wolf911

September, 6, 2008 AT 11:23 AM

I have the key reader from the same car. Can you tell me how to reprogram it please or if you know an article that can help me.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes ML350
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Ford Taurus
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler 300
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang