2006 VAUXHALL MONARO ENGINE SWAP PROBLEM HELP PLEASE

• wolf911
  • 2006 Vauxhall Monaro

Computer problem
2006 Vauxhall Monaro V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

Hi. I have swapped my 1990 camaro engine/transmission with a 2006 vauxhell monaro engine/transmission I took the whole thing from a crashed monaro. Now the problem that is the engine starts just for one or tow second and stops and the security icon is on. Please help since 2006 l have tried tens of electricians and non of them solved the problem. Now i'm determined to do it my self with some help from you guys.

thanks

Friday, September 5th, 2008 AT 1:39 AM

• mhpautos

Hi there,

did you swap the ECU as well, check this and do a scan, you may have to re program the security system. The ecu may not recognize the key you are using.

Friday, September 5th, 2008 AT 1:46 AM
  • wolf911

Yes I bought the engine/transmission pcm, bcm, pim, the key and the harnesses from the same car.

Friday, September 5th, 2008 AT 6:27 PM
  • mhpautos

Hi there.

If there is a key reader on the ignition switch this will have to be replaced with the unit from the second car or you may be Abel to re program it.

Saturday, September 6th, 2008 AT 1:06 AM
  • wolf911

I have the key reader from the same car. Can you tell me how to reprogram it please or if you know an article that can help me.

Saturday, September 6th, 2008 AT 11:23 AM