LEAKING

1998 Vauxhall Fronterra

caney09

December, 23, 2009 AT 12:38 PM

Heater problem
1998 Vauxhall Fronterra Four Wheel Drive Manual

hi, my car is leaking, I fill up the coolent tank, and all the water has gone within minutes, ive changed the radiator but it is still leaking, can anyone tell me what the problem could be please. Thank you sarah

Dave H

December, 24, 2009 AT 7:55 AM

First you need to locate where the leak is coming from? Is it pooling on the ground after refilling?

caney09

December, 25, 2009 AT 8:45 AM

Its as tho someone has left the tap running a little, and is pooling on the road. I will have another look to find out where it is leaking from. And let you know is thats ok thanks sarah x

caney09

December, 27, 2009 AT 6:24 AM

Hi I have located the leak and its coming from the oil filter, but I have no water in the oil, what will I need to do, thanks sarah

Dave H

December, 27, 2009 AT 6:35 AM

The only way you can have water coming from the OIL filter is if the engine block is cracked !. I suspect it is leaking higher up an running down the filter. Have a pressure test of the cooling system carried out, this will confirm where the leak is by making it stream out so you can see it better. Most garages will diagnose a problem for free in hope they get the work?

Dave H

Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Coolant Drain and Refill
Radiator Fluid Flush and Fill Ford Explorer
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD