Valves still clatter and ticking after being replace

WILL HAMILTON
  • 2007 FORD F-150
I replace the valve lifters, 5 were bad out of the 8 (with sealed power HT-2271 lifters) in my 07 ford f150 4.6l 120000 miles on the passenger side drove around for about 5 miles im still hearing the same noise as before I took them out and replace it with 8 of the same brand and test drove again and still have the same problem my oil pressure is fine but did not see oil squirt everywhere when valve cover was off, I use synthetic oil timing chain is not loose springs and valves seems to be fine I have no sludge is there a proper way of installing or preparing lifters because I could not find any manuals on it and mechanics in my area want at least a cpl of hundred to diagnostic the problem and a big thank you on any advice I receive on this topic
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 10:06 AM

Installing the lash adjusters is pretty cut and dried however you need to put the cam followers in the same position that they came out of or cam wear will be very fast if not. Check cam and or followers for scoring on the rollers that may be your problem or if none found then drive a little bit more and it may takea bit for the adjusters to pump up. Also make sure all your cam holes where oil squirts out are free and clear of debris. The ticking noise may be something else like a timing chain component problem.
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 12:25 PM
WILL HAMILTON
Im pretty sure the holes are free, could it be that one side of the engine not getting enough oil pressure?And I hear some people telling me to soak the lifters overnight and thank you for the advice
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 12:57 PM
Ya soaking them overnight is a good idea but if you drive it some they should pump up by themselves. Unless a n oil hole is blocked would be the only reason not getting oil and hard I'd figure with synthetic you wouldn't have that problem.
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 1:01 PM
WILL HAMILTON
I just found out my oil level is to high could that be a major problem with the oil pressure flow to the lifters and thanks for the advice again
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 3:52 PM
Tmuch oil can cause foaming which isn't good but I kind of doubt it but it dependson how much is to much but normally it wouldn't cause a problem I thin you are beating a dead horse so to speak and going in the wrong direction because ticking noises can come from many areas. Like a fan belt and tensioner that hasn't been changed recommended 60k but not being able to hear it I can't say for sure besides the lifters don't move up an ddown anyhow that is why I said to look at cam and followers you'll be able to easily see if that is the problem or not. Worn cam and followers would give the same noise. In your case I'd let a pro diagnose this you don't have to get it fixed just let him do some things to see what is wrong.
Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 AT 3:56 PM