Vacuum line

ARIANADANIELLE5345
  • 2003 FORD EXPLORER
Where does this go? Everything else is already plugged in. Is it supposed to be capped?
Sunday, November 21st, 2021 AT 5:26 AM

Hi,

Just looking at it, it's hard to tell. Do me a favor. First, start the engine and place your finger over the end of the connector to determine if there is vacuum present.

Next, at idle, have you noticed any vibrations or a rough idle?

I attached a pic below showing the vacuum hoses I suspect it could be related to. I highlighted them. If possible, take a pic further away from the engine so I can see more. Also, see if you can follow that hose to determine where the opposite end is.

Let me know.

Take care,

Sunday, November 21st, 2021 AT 7:56 PM
JIS001
Hi, just to jump in. Start your vehicle up and turn the A/C on. Can you adjust the direction of the airflow? If it is blowing on defrost then that hose needs to attach to the intake manifold. If the air flow corresponds to the vent settings, then check to see if the EGR valve is missing the hose. Let us know.
Monday, November 22nd, 2021 AT 10:18 PM
ARIANADANIELLE5345
The A/C hasn t worked since I was like ten. I m 27 now, lol. Someone said it was a leaking line or something. I know the blend door motor, or something is out because it just clicks when it s turned on. And here s the pic.
Thursday, November 25th, 2021 AT 5:31 AM
JIS001
If the vacuum line is for the HVAC unit, as long as the fan motor comes on you should still be able to change. The direction of the airflow if it is vacuum operated. If it is stuck at defrost when you try selecting a different setting, then that hose is for the HVAC unit. Let us know if the air flow is stuck in defrost, please.
Thursday, November 25th, 2021 AT 11:55 AM
ARIANADANIELLE5345
It is not stuck in defrost.
Saturday, November 27th, 2021 AT 5:22 PM
Hi,

Is this the engine you overhauled? Also, is there a vacuum to the hose in question? I'm trying to determine if it goes to the intake or a component.

Let me know.

Take care,

Saturday, November 27th, 2021 AT 10:30 PM

Sponsored links