Vacuum leak under EGR valve?

AMBI.SKYE
  • 1999 HONDA ACCORD
I'm trying to clean out the exhaust Port underneath the EGR valve. I was hoping to find some diagrams or information on doing so. Tested a while back and found a vacuum leak coming from underneath the valve itself. Had the valve replaced less than 200 miles ago.
Sunday, January 8th, 2023 AT 10:19 AM

KEN L
Yep, make sure the gasket is new and that the gasket surfaces are clean, there is a change the EGR itself is leaking here are images below to help, also to clean the EGR passages use carb cleaner, and a coat hanger seems to work pretty good. The EGR valve is designed to lower peak combustion temperatures and reduce oxides of nitrogen emissions (NOx) by recirculating exhaust gas through the intake manifold and into the combustion chambers.
Check out the images (below). Please let us know what happens.
Monday, January 9th, 2023 AT 10:45 AM
AMBI.SKYE
Thank you.
Any chance you gave a diagram for a 4 cylinder?
Tuesday, January 10th, 2023 AT 2:59 PM
KEN L
Sure, here you go. Check out the images (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Wednesday, January 11th, 2023 AT 11:45 AM

Sponsored links