Vacuum Leak Causing Lean Fuel Mixture?

STEVEN46304
  • 2006 FORD FOCUS

Our 2006 Ford Focus 2.0L has the Engine Light on. The only issue is that, at an idle, it runs rough, then dies. It will start right back up, but the problem is ongoing. A source said that it's possibly a vacuum leak. The source said that the most likely place for a vacuum leak is on the right front of the engine(while standing in front of the vehicle looking at the engine). Apparently, the PCV line has a 90 degree elbow in this area. There is a hissing sound coming from that area. My issue is that I'm not able to locate this elbow or the PCV line. I haven't been able to locate a vacuum diagram. Please help me.

Friday, June 20th, 2014 AT 2:14 PM

Probably a broken piece on pcv scan for codes though see pic. Check where pointed n pic

Saturday, June 21st, 2014 AT 6:07 AM
STEVEN46304

Using a can of carb cleaner, I've been able to pinpoint the leak to behind the drivers side of the intake manifold. There is a piece there that the parts store referred to as a vacuum switching valve. It's a small solenoid with 2 vacuum hoses on it. Replacing the hoses didn't fix the leak, so I'll replace the solenoid and let you know how it goes.

Sunday, June 22nd, 2014 AT 5:32 AM