Welcome back, Jon. I'm happy it helped you. However, I can't leave it at that. Here are the directions specific to replacing the cable. The attached pics correlate with the directions. Hopefully this help.
CONTROL CABLE ASSEMBLY
1. Disable the SIR System.
2. Remove console.
3. Using a screwdriver disconnect control cable from control assembly.
4. Remove control cable retaining clip.
5. Depress tabs on control cable and remove cable from control assembly.
6. Disconnect control cable from trans-axle range switch lever.
7. Remove control cable retaining clip.
8. Depress two tabs on control cable and remove cable from control cable bracket.
9. Remove control cable grommet from dash panel.
10. Remove control cable from vehicle.
1. Guide control cable through pass-through in dash panel.
2. Secure control cable grommet by pressing the cable into pass-through hole in dash panel.
3. Route control cable through cable bracket on power-train mount, and secure cable into bracket.
4. Install control cable retaining clip.
5. Connect control cable end to control assembly lever.
6. Connect control cable to pin on control assembly.
7. Secure control cable into control assembly by pushing into place.
8. Install control cable retaining clip.
9. Install console.
10. Adjust control cable assembly.
11. Enable the SIR system.
I hope this helps. Take care and if you anything, let me know.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Monday, March 4th, 2019 AT 5:24 PM