Nice work, this will help the transmission last for many miles. here is a generic guide to help you see what you are in for with the instructions for your car in the diagrams below. Also, I have included the fluid type as well.
Fluid type: ATF T-IV
Dry 8.9L (9.4 US qt, 7.8 IMP. qts)
Drain and Refill 1.8 liters (1.9 US qts, 1.6 Imp. qts)
(5)With the engine idling, check the fluid level. Add fluid up to the COOL level on the dipstick.
(6)Check the fluid level at the normal operating temperature, 70 - 80 C (158 - 176 F), and add as necessary.
NOTE: Do not overfill.
CHECK FLUID LEAKS
Check for leaks in the transaxle. If there are leaks, it is necessary to repair or replace O-rings, gasket, oil seals, plugs or other parts.
Change fluid and filter every 24 months or 15,000 miles.
1. Position vehicle on level surface, then set parking brake.
2. Start engine.
3. Depress brake pedal, then shift shift lever into all positions from P to L range and return to P.
4. Remove dipstick and wipe clean, then replace. Remove it a second time and ensure fluid level is within the Hot range.
5. If the level is at the low side, add fluid.
6. If the fluid is black or smells burnt, it should be replaced.
Fluid Type: Toyota Transmission Fluid Type T-II or IV
Note: Type T-II fluid is obsolete, it has been replaced by T-IV fluid
Automatic Trans Filter part# 3533030070 - $85.11 dealer price. I would check amazon or Rockauto.com for the fluid and filter.
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 AT 12:46 PM